HOMESCHOOL & FAMILY TRIPS
STEM Study Tours is delighted to serve families and groups. We believe that learning together makes for the best family vacation and creates incredible memories for years to come. Bring the whole family along and be prepared to have some serious fun! On our family trips, you may choose to travel as an independent family or as a group of families for homeschool and educational associations.
For our independent families, select your destination from the list below and let us know what type of rooming you need so we can get accurate pricing for you. We will ensure your family is set up for success and will meet you at your hotel on arrival. You take care of your flights and transportation to the hotel in most cases, we will take care of everything else once you arrive. In most instances, we will travel via group motorcoach in our destination so please understand that if you travel in by personal vehicle as opposed to flight, you may incur parking fees at some hotels. Ask us!
For our homeschool and educational groups, we are happy to also include group flights for your party provided minimum numbers are achieved. Pricing is based on rooming so please let us know how many passengers will occupy which room types. If you have a group of 20+ participants traveling with your group, you may feel free to join one of the trips below, or we are also happy to set up a private experience to most of our destinations offered for our school trips, just let us know your preferred destination and dates. For an added bonus, if you have a minimum of 20 paying passengers, your group organizer will earn a complimentary trip based on double occupancy or greater.
EARNING STEM BUCKS: If you are a teacher or group organizer and have booked a school trip with us, as a loyalty thank you, you will earn STEM Bucks after your group has traveled. STEM Bucks are valid for 3 years from the date they are issued and are used as a credit towards any of our posted family trips. STEM Bucks are calculated on the number of paying passengers participating in any trip. It's just one of the ways we recognize your efforts and say "thank you" for your loyalty to us. If you are unable to travel on your own family vacation, STEM Bucks are transferable but only within the time validity specified. If you have any questions, please just let us know.
2021 HOMESCHOOL & FAMILY TRIPS
- August 7th through 14th, 2021
- Fly in/out of Cozumel, Mexico
- Lodge at Occidental Resort; all meals & beverages included at the resort
- Package includes base costs, dive and snorkel packages can be added on once registered.
- We are offering an added whale shark snorkel, an awesome once-in-a-lifetime must-do
excursion, off the coast of Cancun for those interested.
- Learn to dive or just be a beach bunny, options for everyone.
- Childcare on site, complimentary, ages 4 and up.
- November 7th through 13th, 2021
- Fly in/out of Washington DC; group transport via motorcoach
- Includes breakfasts and dinners; lunches are on own
- Includes Mount Vernon, the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, the Fort McHenry National
Monument, National Air & Space Museum, a Potomac River monument cruise and more
- Includes educational workshops such as Fort McHenry Ranger Talk, American Law Enforcement
Museum Master Class, History of Flight Tour, Charters of Freedom talk, Slavery Tour and more
- Includes fun activities such as Medieval Times Dinner Theatre, Washington DC Ghost Tour, a
visit to the Georgetown Waterfront and more
2022 HOMESCHOOL & FAMILY TRIPS
San Jose, Sarapiqui, Arenal & Pacific Central Coast
- February 12th - 19th, 2022
- Meet in Atlanta; group flight included to Coast Rica
- All meals included
- All transportation provided by group motorcoach
- Visit 4 unique and amazing areas of Costa Rica covering everything from cloud forests to
volcanoes, wildlife to chocolate!
- Includes fantastic activities such as Poás Volcano National Park, a coffee plantation visit,
whitewater rafting experience, jungle ziplining, a native cooking class, bat workshop, chocolate
workshop, crocodile safari & more
Wilmington & Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
- May 9th through 13th, 2022
- Breakfasts and dinners included; lunches on own
- Fly in/out of Jacksonville or Wilmington, NC; group transport via motorcoach
- Includes wonderful experiences including the sea turtle rehabilitation center, Mountains-to-Sea
Trail Ecology Trek, shellfish sustainability workshop, tidepooling treasure hunt, beach Martial
Arts workshop & more
- Includes visits to Battleship North Carolina, Fort Fisher State Historic Site and Civil War Museum,
plus the North Carolina Aquarium
New York City, New York
- July 31st through August 5th, 2022
- Fly in/out of New York City (LGA/JFK/EWR); group transport via NYC metro
- Breakfasts and dinners included; lunches on own
- Includes wonderful experiences including the American Museum of Natural History, the
Tenement Museum, Columbia University, United Nations, and a Guided Tour to Wall Street and
the Financial District
- Includes visits to 9-11 Memorial & Museum, the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island Immigration
Museum, Empire State Building, National Geographic Ocean Odyssey and a live Broadway show!
Jay Peak, Northern Vermont
- December 3rd through 10th, 2022
- Fly in/out of Burlington, Vermont; overnight in Burlington on your first and last night
- Breakfasts and group dinners included; lunches on own
- Includes 5 days of skiing at Jay Peak Ski Resort
- Enjoy 5 days of ski lessons for all abilities, 2 hours per day
- Includes ski rental package with helmet use included
- Includes a full day waterpark pass to the Jay Peak Pump Haus Water Park
- Includes an evening group session at Clips & Reels Climbing Gym
- Snowboarding package also available
- Groups of 20 or more may add in Boston or New York City pre/post trip if desired